Sunday, March 27, 2011

5K-I Think I Can...I Think I Can!!

I decided on March 24th (last Thursday) that I'm going to run a 5K on April 9th!! Whoo!
This required me to run 1.5 miles that day and my first whole 3 today! I ran my whole 3 miles in almost exactly 30 mins...and I walked pry 1/2 the last mile! So I have a feeling I'll be definitely ready for the 5K on the 9th!
That weekend I'm driving home after classes on Friday at 3...Visiting with G-ma...probably catching up with Jenny before running in the morning...going to bed early...then Race Day! On Saturday I'll run at 8:30 am then chill for a little while maybe get a nap in...then drive back to Ames...get ready and go to work! WHEW! It's gunna be a long haul that day! :) Can't Wait!

On another subject...I have an interview at the Hilton Garden Inn with the Banquet Coordinator! This is super exciting to me because it would be a different job than I've done before! Also the location is close to my sister's apartment in Des Moines! :)

So wish me luck on my new adventures and good luck to ya'll on yours!!

2 comments:

  1. So how did your interview go? Also, thanks for following my blog! Looking forward to more of your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the job and start in May as a Banquet Captain. :) Couldn't be happier!

    ReplyDelete